Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Intentional Living

My thoughts as of late, have been drawn to the New Year that is coming. Not to downgrade the beauty and wonder of Christmastime, by any means...but to have some time to plan and prepare for greatness as a family this next year, so that life doesn't just happen to us. I find myself thinking about what ways I can be intentional as a wife, intentional as a mother, and in what ways we can be intentional as a family this upcoming year! Scripture Study will by my main, personal focus in 2012. I have felt for a little while now, that my area of study needs to be focused on the scriptures. Everyone's life is difficult. Mine is no exception. Every time I think that I need to focus on something else, I am drawn back to gospel learning with my family. It makes perfect sense, really. The only way I will be able to get through the riggers of life, is to anchor myself to The Anchor, Himself! 2012 will be the year of Gospel Learning for my family! I am prayerfully searching for the way and means by which this important work should be accomplished. I so desperately want to be successful in my homeschooling efforts with the children this year! I pray for Heavenly Father's guidance and love as I seek to continually know His will, for what and how to inspire the children, and I know that those answers will come, as I seek to keep myself close to His spirit, and as I seek to become a scholar of the scriptures. That will take a lifetime to accomplish, but I know that every effort I make, will bring me and my family that much closer to knowing Him and His ways. I feel so strongly, that I must find a way of keeping better track of the areas of inspiration for each of our children. This is easier said than done. I don't want to put my family on a conveyor belt, but need to find some way to balance out what they are learning. Much prayer is continually required, for me to know how to do this! I feel a pull, to set aside a few hours on a Saturday morning...to go to a peaceful place, with my scriptures, my pen and a notebook and ask Heavenly Father to just fill up my mind with His will for our family and with the ideas and inspiration as to how to accomplish it. This, I must do...and sometime soon! I know that my problem in the past, has been that I don't stay diligent in my study of His word, and then I lose my way. The first part of our year will likely be chaotic due to a move to a new home, along with the normal doctor's appointments, a couple of upcoming surgeries for some of the children, homeschooling, etc. But I'm going to plan ahead, to overcome the chaos of it all. I think I might plan a booklist for Read-Aloud's this year, as well as a method for morning devotional, gospel study and life skills. I'd like to encourage the children to keep a journal this year, and I'd like to attend some cultural events such as music concerts, museums and maybe incorporate some real nature study this year too! Ramble...ramble...ramble. That's what I do best! LOL :0) This post is more for me than anything, but if any of my readers have any suggestions or insights they'd like to share, I'd be open to them! :0) Lastly, I want to bear my testimony. If there is anything I am learning, it's that life is full of a million different choices. It's full of a million different distractions too, and it's difficult to keep your focus when they get out of hand. I am grateful for a loving and all knowing Father in Heaven. I am grateful for His guidance and wisdom, and for the scriptures. I am so grateful for The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and for His perfect love and example! I am so grateful for a living prophet, President Monson, and for great leaders and teachers. I am grateful for Joseph Smith, and for my pioneer heritage. I am grateful for the opportunity to have a Celestial family, and for the opportunity to be a wife and a mother to a wonderful husband and precious children. I am grateful for new beginnings and for the opportunity to start again! It is my prayer that I can receive increased focus, vision and insight for the upcoming year, that I can live intentionally and on purpose, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have come across your blog! I actually found you through Mormon.org looking for other homeschooling mommy's and I am so glad I did! A very beautiful blog. Looking forward to getting to know you :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! Looking forward to getting to know you, as well! :9)

    ReplyDelete