Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, in a beautiful land completely void of pink eye, respiratory issues, perforated ear drums, etc...there lived a beautiful Mommy and Handsome Daddy who got showers regularly, and a decent amount of sleep each night. They were the parents of 5 beautiful and completely healthy children, who never had to visit hospital emergency rooms (like Lady and I did all night last night), urgent care offices and umpteen-million different doctor's offices. In this beautiful land there was no exhaustion, the laundry and dishes took care of themselves and bathrooms magically scrubbed themselves repeatedly to rid themselves of contagious, sickness inducing germs which could pass from child to child. Hands stayed permanently sanitized, little boys' glasses and AFO's never broke and all the children loved each other IMMENSELY and CONSTANTLY! Then one day...I WOKE UP...and found most of that to be the fairy tale that it is! Oh, but it's fun to dream! :0)

Okay...that may not be funny to you, but it makes me laugh! I've always loved that little quote from Marjorie Pay Hinckley which says something to the effect of: You can choose to laugh or choose to cry. I choose to laugh...crying gives me a headache! One of these days, when I stop laughing, I'll tell you the hilarious (not) story of how Lady and I spent the night in the ER, only to be told "We know she has a cough but we don't know why...and that is all. Here are your discharge instructions!" Good times, good times! Makes me want to say "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment