Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Special Birthday and Unscripted, Imaginary Play WITH...railroad signs.

Today is a VERY special day at our house! Mr. Snug has turned 8 years old today! He is extremely excited for a few really fun things coming up! 1. Going to Red Robin for his birthday dinner. 2. Starting swimming lessons this weekend. (Late to be learning how to swim, I know.) :0) 3. And last but not least, getting baptized soon! We are super proud of him and all he's learned and accomplished in his life! He is a really great kiddo' and fits perfectly into our family!

We love you oodles, Snug-a-Bug! We are excited for all of the learning and growth ahead of you and are proud of the good boy you are becoming! We know that you will continue to be a force for good in the world! Happy Birthday Buddy! We hope your wishes comes true!

Love,
Dad, Mom, Luv, Cuddle, Wiggle and Lady



Yep...that's right folks. I said railroad signs! Luv is playing right now. She is sitting on the floor, here in the loft and using a couple of her brother's railroad signs from his train set, as people. She's built a block tower and seems to be acting out a story involving a prince and a princess! "Hop down from the tower, into the wagon to your prince!", she says. And then...they smooch! When I raised my eyebrows at her as she looked my way, she said "Mom! They JUST got married!" "Okay, I am SO glad!" I said with a smile. I LOVE that she understands the very important truth and importance of marriage and incorporates it into her play! She makes me smile! :0)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Why is it that I can never get birthday correct? So sorry! Happy Birthday from Uncle Dan, Aunt Christy, and Kyler, Megan, Aubree, and Jake. (and of course Tazzy ;-)

    Wish we could be there for the baptism. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christy! His baptism won't be until July I guess, because that's the next stake day. I gotta' get with the program about this stuff, because back in the day, my baptism was all by itself! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's sort of crazy getting it in order. Are you inviting people? Or are you keeping it small and simple? Not that we can come, but who knows ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO clue at this point! I wish someone from my ward would let me know how this is all supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete