Sunday, June 19, 2011

Even MORE about scheduling...cuz I'm still workin' on this! :0)

We went on a fabulous trip to Half Price Books this past Saturday! I LOVE this store and haven't been there for a while, so we stocked up on some things we had been needing, wanting and looking for. Some of the goodies that I found...

The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer (I'd always heard a lot about this book)

Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola (Found on Simply Charlotte Mason website)

Janice VanCleave's Big Book of Play and Find Out Science Projects (This is Fab!)

So all three of these books are seriously answers to prayer for me! They each speak to a need we have in our family, or something that I have felt really prompted to spend more time and attention on for us!

The Well Trained Mind ~ though I just barely started reading it last night, I can tell that it's going to help me in my own studies IMMENSELY!

Pocketful of Pinecones is written in story form and is about Nature Study and how a homeschooling mother inspires her children to learn through Nature Notebooking or journaling. I am LOVING this!

And...Janice VanCleave's book about science is SO FABULOUS because we tried to do something called "I Wonder" time, in our kidschool, not long ago. This book is all about chemistry, physics and biology but is phrased in the form of "I Wonder" questions. Now...we really can do "I Wonder" time as a family, and not feel like we are flying by the seat of our pants about where to find our information! I am completely stoked about this one!

There's only one thing missing...some sort of resource for studying the Founding Fathers, the Flag, etc. I am on the hunt for a free or inexpensive resource to help us stay focused and organized about patriotic studies. I'll let ya' know what I come up with or find! Feel free to offer any ideas or suggestions about this! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment