Monday, May 30, 2011

Random Thinking

I just read on one of my new favorite blogs, that May 20th is Eliza Dolittle day. Okay...do you know how fabulous that is??? The Mr. and I were married on that day, and I ADORE My Fair Lady! I have often listed it as my one of my all-time favorite musicals! Ask the Mr., and he'll tell you that every so often I get "Wouldn't it be Loverly" stuck in my head,and sing it endlessly with my own very interesting accent! Either that or "Just you wait Enry Iggins, just you wait!" I find it truly delightful that our anniversary is on Eliza Dolittle day! :0)

I am awake listening to the stillness of a snoozing hubby and 5 little sleepyheads down the hall. I am exhausted but must take advantage, at least for a few moments, of the quiet opportunity to ponder and pray for their futures. I feel inspired to teach them about very little, right now, and that is weird and yet simply wonderful to me, all at the same time. I keep telling you how I just feel inspired to teach them the gospel and that's it. Well, today another aspect was added. I was watching Glenn Beck's news show (a recording from Friday's) and it was a review of something Glenn Beck used to do on his show, called Founder's Fridays. I found the information exhilarating and awe inspiring and realized that I MUST teach our children about freedom and the founding fathers! They are going to need to understand all they can about the gospel and freedom, if they are to carry out their missions in this life. To be honest, their missions frighten me. I fear for their safety and protection in the fulfillment of those missions, and yet I also realize that they are blessed with an extra measure of Heavenly Father's blessings, because of the special circumstances into which they've been born. I have been stifled by a sense of overwhelming duty and responsibility which I have to them. I can no longer afford to be fearful or stifled. I must act. So tonight, I pray. I wish that I were better at using quiet moments for prayer and reflection! These quiet moments come so infrequently. But I also know that Heavenly Father hears the pleadings of my heart throughout our busy days, and I know that He will answer my prayers and help me to understand the course of action I should take for the rearing and upbringing of these precious spirits with which He has entrusted me and the Mr. So...I pray to know His will and I pray for the strength and tenacity to stick to what I feel inspired to do. Life changes a lot, but I can no longer afford to let life changes throw us off course. In this world of the TJEd Core Phase, I often wonder how to make a plan to stick to, while simultaneously not structuring our content. It seems to me, that there are some things, such as scripture study and devotionals, which must be structured in some way. I have been pretty good at flying by the seat of my pants for some things, but no longer feel like this is the correct approach for our homeschooling efforts. The trick is to find a common ground between too much structure and not enough. Hmmm...it boggles the mind. Time to pray and listen! Please offer any suggestions or observations you will! I need all the help I can get! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment