Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ready

Mr. Man and I were talking last night, about everything going on with the world these days! It's difficult not to worry about what's going to happen. I've realized that I can only do so much, to keep my family safe and to be ready for all of the ways the world is changing. I know that the Savior is coming soon, though we don't know exactly when. Knowing that, I immediately start to reflect on all of the things I spend my time doing, and where they fit into the list of "essentials" that must be done. Not everything is important. Even things that seem VERY important are just not. Am I doing those things that are the MOST important? This question has been running through my mind lately. When I get to visit with my Savior again, how will He feel about the monument I have created with my life?

Today, I am concentrating on food storage! I'm takin' inventory, and I'm re-stocking and rotating. (The children will probably learn some pretty sweet skills in categorization today.) :0) I am also taking a spiritual inventory for myself and my family! What lessons have I learned, that needed learning? What new character traits need more intense focus in my life? What could I be teaching our children, that they haven't mastered yet? In short, I am pondering my mission for this earth life. I will set my course again, and re-commit myself to learning and teaching what I need to learn and teach. It's just one of those days, where a review is necessary. I want to be ready and I want my family to be ready! :0)

4 comments:

  1. I think that it is so important that we are spending time and energy thinking about things pertaining to our preparation. We must all be prepared in all ways! Keep thinking and doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree! I can't do everything, but doing my best to be prepared, is Sunshine to My Soul! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to follow your example! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather! I am happy to be on this journey with you! :0)

    ReplyDelete