Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mothering

This morning I read THIS! I had to snicker, and I also said a quick prayer of thanks, for the knowledge that someone as wonderful as Hilary Weeks, is human and has a "normal" family! Last night was not one of my shining moments as a mom. I ended up in tears, after telling Luv Bug that if she wasn't going to mind me anymore, that maybe we should find her a mother she would mind. Nice, right?! Yeah...I knew you'd think so! NOT! It has come to my attention over this past couple of days that the answer to this issue, is time. We are spending A LOT of time creating the schedule and routine that we feel is right for our family. But with all of that time, we are losing individual time together! When kids are little, we spend lots of time holding them and snuggling up next to them and just loving on them! As they get older, at least for me, we get caught up in all of the things and skills and attributes we should be teaching them. You know...character building and life skills and how to do hard things. Trying to balance life is really hard! So...today, we are going to have Hot Chocolate at breakfast, sit down with a few great books, and snuggle and read! That's it! No chaos today! Just love! When you have lots of little ones, it's hard to get in the one on one time! (And No, I don't want to hear any "Well, why do you have so many kids?" comments. Can you tell I've gotten that question once or twice?) :0) But, I'm going to make more of an effort to try to spend daily one on one time with my kiddo's! I am hopeful, that if we plan for it, this will help to alleviate some of our recent issues. Wish us luck! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment