Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Monument

Charlie's Monument
by Blaine M. Yorgeson

The Monument
by Blaine M. Yourgeson



I have loved the poem The Monument, ever since I first heard it in Young Women's when I was about 12 years old. It was only today, that I read the book from whence it came. Charlie's Monument is a precious story! In fact, it's my very favorite story! I decided today! I read this to my family today and we LOVED it! You've got to read it to your families! You can get it at Deseret Industries if you look for it. That's where we found ours! It's a really sweet story about trials and struggles and how we can turn them into a monument to the Lord, by how we accept them and respond to them! Part of our family mission statement talks about our lives being a monument to the Lord. I love the idea of seeing our lives as a monument to our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

(In other news...we finished reading The Island of The Blue Dolphins as a family today! It was really good as well! The children liked listening to the story each evening before bedtime. They've chosen Charlotte's Web, as our new family read-aloud, and we are still enjoying Caddie Woodlawn in the mornings!)

1 comment:

  1. My hubby LOVES this book! I've
    read it too, it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete