Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Thanksgiving Time!

I am SO excited for this time of year! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love the fall colors (especially since we don't really see many Fall colors here), and I love that our attention is called to the blessings we receive so abundantly, from our Heavenly Father! (It drives me crazy, that the world skims right over this special holiday and jumps right to what we can "get" instead of stopping to give thanks for what we "have".) So with a grateful heart for all that I have, I wanted to list some of the things that I am thankful for:

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and a Savior who loves me and died for me
A living Prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson
My Beautiful and Precious Family and temples in which we are sealed for eternity.
Extended Family who I adore
Friends
The Scriptures which give needed instruction
The Holy Ghost
A roof over our heads and a landlord who has been kind and gracious with us
Food to eat and stored food for a rainy day
Water to drink and water for a rainy day
Mr. Man's job and the insurance benefits it provides
Adoption Subsidy which helps us care for our children and their special needs
modern conveniences like washers and driers and ovens and dishwashers
Lots of skilled doctors who help us care for 2 special people in our family
Therapists who love our children and teach them weekly
Books to read, that help us gain important knowledge
The freedom and ability to home educate ourselves and our family
This wonderful country... The United States of America, and the Founding Fathers who fought for us to be free
A life free from physical bondage and/or slavery (so far)
Nature and all of it's beauty
Animals for food and friendship
Music
The 5 Senses of Sight, Sound, Touch, Taste and Smell, and that we all have them
Mobility and the ability to walk around (we pray each day that Wiggle will continue to walk on his own.)
Protection from harm or accidents
Ancestors and geneology
A pioneer heritage
.............................The list goes on........................................

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! Pause to thank Him who gives you all that you have! Our Father in Heaven has been and continues to be very good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment