Monday, November 8, 2010

How To Prioritize

I came across this video this morning and it was just the "Re-Group" that I needed. I thought I would share it with you! It is a video from the church website and it is Julie B. Beck speaking about How to Prioritize. It's very short, simple and to the point. I needed to start over with my priorities and put first things first. It's very easy, in a family with so much needed and going on, to just start scrambling around trying to check things off of a list and do what I call the things of "Eminent Need." These are the things that can't help but prioritize themselves, if we don't organize our lives enough to put everything in it's place. It's not to say that these things of eminent need, are not important, on the contrary, they are extremely important, but Heavenly Father didn't mean for them to take over the importance of everything else that is needful in our lives. He has given us a way to prioritize our lives and provide order, so that we start with the priceless essentials that allow every other thing to get done in an orderly and stress-free way! And most importantly, when we do the essentials, the windows of heaven are opened up to us, and we are better able to receive the spiritual promptings of a Heavenly Father who has a plan for everything we need to do!

This week...I am focusing on the essentials. Period. Yes, I will cook and clean and keep the laundry moving. But I am not going to try and change or institute any systems, until I have an ample portion of the spirit with me, to let me know the perspective of my Heavenly Father in these plans. That's the goal for this week! More spirit...less chaos! At the end of the week, I'll let you know what I've learned and how my perspectives have changed and how my mind has opened up to new ideas and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment