Monday, October 4, 2010

I LOVE Conference!

This past weekend was the best weekend I have had in a long time! That's because, it was a heavenly chance for us to hear the words of the Lord from our prophet and apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! As each talk finished, I would look over at Mr. Man and exclaim "That was a really GOOD talk!" He would smile for 2 reasons: 1. He agreed. 2. I always say that, every conference, about every talk I hear! That kind of thing, makes me smile! :)

While every talk I heard WAS SO GOOD, there were a few that really resonated with me! One of them was Quentin L. Cook's talk, entitled Let There Be Light. If you haven't seen it,you should check it out! Totally! You should even check it out if you did see it! We are blessed to live in a day, when we can watch these talks over and over! :0)



I love that he talked about being a source of light to our families and our communities! I feel so strongly about this! I really believe that if we don't stand up for our beliefs and fight for right, our communities and, in essence the world, will crumble around us. We know that right will prevail in the end, regardless, but I really want to help it along! Don't you??!! :0) To stand for right and let our voices be heard, is no small undertaking! It is as simple as opening our mouths, but as complicated as letting those in our midst, know exactly where we stand! That's not always an easy thing to do! I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He is my elder brother, and the His love for me is infinite. That He is the one, true source of comfort and strength that will buoy me up and give me the courage to stand for the right in my home, family and community. I am grateful for Elder Cook's words that call us to action, and that offer wisdom and optimism! May we continue to fight for the right, in our homes, families and communities. May we continue to let our voices be heard, in protecting and defending the family! May we share our testimonies in word and deed and on a daily basis. May we share the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, with the world, and may we be the examples we should be for our children. These are the goals that I have for myself...to be the wife and mother that I have been called to be, and to be that everyday! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment