Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Seal It On My Heart!

Have you ever felt like you are learning so much so fast, that you're afraid you won't be able to recall all the important details of it all? Whether it's in a great book (or for me, more like 3 or 4), or something gospel related, etc. This past Sunday, Mr. Man was able to give priesthood blessings to each of us, for the beginning of our school year! As I listened to the inspired words that he spoke, tears filled my eyes, and my head nodded! The prayers he uttered in behalf of our beautiful children, were so personal and precious for each of them! Words that can only be spoken in a fatherly way, by an earthly father, from a Heavenly Father. When blessings are given in our family, I always accompany them with a silent prayer of my own, that Heavenly Father will allow those precious words to be sealed on our hearts, and that He will bless us with a gift to recall those words again, as we need them in our lives! I have started to utter those same prayers, for my educational learning...that Heavenly Father will help me (amid the craziness of each day when it seems as though I don't have the time or attention or capacity to learn at that moment), to gain the knowledge that I need, for my mission in this life. Now...it may just be the mission that's 5 minutes ahead of me, or it may be knowledge that will help me to fulfill my mission on this earth. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers! I KNOW that He hears the prayers of a mother who has so much on her plate sometimes, that she doesn't know what to start with first! I know that He knows the desires of our hearts, and the He knows that we want to be the best we can be for our husbands and our children! And I KNOW, that we don't have to get it all right! Sometimes, all we have to do, is make a valiant effort to know His will and His specific and personal information for our lives, and He will somehow find a way to seal it on our hearts! We just have to keep our hearts ready to receive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment