Monday, September 13, 2010

Food for Thought

I read this article about "Babylon's Diet" today and thought it was quite interesting and a little scary! It makes a lot of sense to me! I have been thinking more and more about the food I feed my family! I guess it's good that I am thinking about these things, and I guess it's good that we are getting ready to get our garden up and running again since we moved! I can't bear the thought of eating much of what you find in stores these days. We eat it, of course...but we don't want to. I don't trust it. I am on a mission to find a healthier way to feed my sweet family! Any suggestions??

Also...today I went to the doctor and had a good talk with him about the fatigue I feel about three times a week. I literally hit a wall of exhaustion and have to take a nap (however short the nap may be.) I got a B12 shot today, and he said I should be taking a B Complex vitamin and an Iron tablet daily. I hope this all helps, and there's nothing "icky or scary" in the supplements I take. Who really knows? I have gained about 15 pounds in the last 3-4 months, and while I am already starting to lose a few pounds, it's not cool. I know my body suffers because of stress! What mother doesn't get stressed out from time to time, right? Well, anyway...I am determined to get healthier. I am going to get on my tread mill for 30 min. a day, 3 times a week and I am going to take better care of myself so there is more of me to go around (well...more of me in a good way.) :0) Any suggestions for healthy diets, supplements, naturopathic medicines/treatments, etc.? I want to check out essential oils, but fear the expense of it all. Let me know what you think! I need some good advice about this! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment