Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's Wrong With This Picture???

Bedtime was at about 7:00 p.m. last night. (We usually try for 7 or 7:30 p.m.) Mr. Man hooked up the babies' feeds, while I did meds with all the kiddo's. We have fallen into a pretty good routine, and it usually goes pretty smoothly. Last night was no exception. By about 7:05 or so, Ladybug was already off to slumber land via the Melatonin Express. I had to wake her up to give her medicine. Why am I telling you all of this? Because I have to document what happened with her last night! It has never happened quite this way before. After babes were all snuggled in for the night, I came up stairs to the computer, to find some info. for my class for the kiddo's at the HIP Retreat this year. All of a sudden...at about 10:30 p.m., I hear a voice coming from the other room and it startled me! I jumped up and went in to check on my Luv Bug, who also rides the Melatonin Express at night, thinking she may be talking in her sleep. (She does this pretty often.) Nope...wasn't her. But in the very next room, that sweet voice revealed itself. It was Miss Ladybug jabbering and carrying on like something I've never EVER seen or heard her do before. Too bad that it really wasn't intelligible. I could catch a word here or there, but most of it was like a foreign language to me. Boy...she was going to town! So I stood by her door for a few minutes and just listened to her cuteness. Then I decided to sneak into her room to see if she was awake or asleep during all of this. I thought for sure she HAD to be awake for a party this great, and sure enough she was. She didn't see me for a little while, though, so I continued to observe her, at which point she started laughing hysterically! We're talkin' snorting through her nose and belly laughing! Again...it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. She was tossin' her baby doll around and just being silly! All through the night, she kept this up. I kept having to get up and re-adjust her feeding pump, every time it would beep at me, because she was moving around so much. Each time I went in to re-set it, I would lay her back down in her crib, tuck her in, rub her arms and legs (because she has Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, and they were bugging her), and beg her to go to sleep. I don't know how many times we took turns going in there, but it was another one of those parties we didn't want to come to. At 2:45 a.m., Mr. Man got up to go to work this morning, and guess who was still talking and laughing and having a party?? Sweet Miss Ladybug! I had to walk in and handle her beeping feeding pump again, kissed him goodbye and got back into my bed. I don't know how long it was before she finally went to sleep. I just know that's she's sleeping right now, and that her pump didn't wake me up again. She'll probably sleep til' about 7:00 a.m. or so, this morning, and then she'll be up to start the day. (Oh yeah...the most disturbing fact about all of this, was that she only took about a 45 minute or 1 hour nap yesterday.) There is something very wrong with this picture! I am on a quest today, to research what I can, about sleep doctor's here. We have one, who has been really nice, and for a little bit, what she did was helping, but I just feel like this is beyond her now! We gotta' find some new rules for playing this game! Miss Ladybug goes to see the Immunologist this Wednesday. I'll let you know how that goes too! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment