Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Obedience Bugs Re-Visited

So what do ya' do, for the one child that doesn't respond to the system? Hmmm...at this point I am kinda' stumped. Normally, when I get stumped, I get really discouraged. But not this time. I am bound and determined not to let that happen. One of the kiddo's got three strikes on the strike chart today. This child struggles to mind and obey, and often laughs hysterically in the process. It is exasperating!! It is embarrassing! So I have decided that there are a few things I need to do for this child. #1. Ask Heavenly Father to share some of His wisdom and advice, about this child whom he knows so well. #2. Discover what truly motivates this child and how this child feels loved and cared for. (*tapping foot as I wait for Amazon to get my book order to me, so I can read The Five Love Languages of Children*) 3. Pray FOR this child and WITH this child about ways to help this child. Any other suggestions?? The thing that saddens me the most about this child's issues and struggles, is that this is a really great kid, we're talking about here. The issues betray the greatness of the child. I think that is really true of every child in some way. I don't know.......... I think I feel a Mommy and Me date coming on! Maybe some one on one attention and time is in order! I SO want this wonderful, little person to know how special they are to me! Maybe that will do the trick!

2 comments:

  1. Kandie and SteveJuly 14, 2010 at 8:52 AM

    Hi, I apologize if this is weird because I don't know you, but I totally understand. I have a 5 yr old that is going through a "5 yr old stage" I call it. Really sophisticated I know, anyways I was so glad to read your post and know that it is so normal and other moms are dealing with the same things I am. I too, just came to the conclusion that a mommy date would help. I am just learning about TJed and want to start implementing it. I am really nervous though. I hope I can do it. Thanks again for your post. It helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranee, it sounds like you've got an amazing handle on how to proceed!! It generally surprises me how one child can seem to push further than others - perhaps this child is our greatest mirror teacher! I know the exhaustion that comes with exasperation...stay consistent, act in love (rather than reactions) and trust God to lead you through it all just as you know and walk daily!

    Kandie, as a fellow TJEd mother, I KNOW you can do it!! Becoming and Training Up Leaders is part of our nature - trust that You Are Equipped!!

    Thank you both for being Moms on Purpose! BTW, check out Gary Chapman's website on The Five Languages at http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ - I know you'll be blessed!

    ReplyDelete