Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Ladybug!

Four years ago today, a sweet, little Ladybug was born. And while it would be 8 mos. before she would truly grace us with her amazing presence, her birthday was a very special day for our family. I will never forget the first time I saw her. We received a call one afternoon in March of 2007, and that evening, the case manager showed up in her car in front of our house. I went outside just as she was getting Ladybug out of the car, and as the case manager stood up, I saw this beautiful baby girl with blonde hair and clear blue eyes, and I instantly thought of "Cindy Lou Who". She had the longest bangs EVER, and they flew up every time the breeze blew! It was totally adorable! She was so little, weighing just 14 lbs. at 8 mos. old. It was clear that she was just like a 4 month old baby in every way. She had no neck support, she couldn't sit or even roll over or hold her own bottle. She was very sick when she came, and within the first 24 hours, I had her up at the hospital. She had RSV and was tender in the abdomen. She was a very fragile, little sweetheart. We knew she was lucky to be alive, even back then, but as she grew and as we found out more information about her life before and the pregnancy,etc., we knew that Ladybug was a fighter and that she was a special spirit of our Heavenly Father. He was watching over her. Today, our Ladybug amazes us everyday! She handles her challenges with such innocence and grace! She is starting to say lots of new things and she is continuing to learn and grow! She is so very special to us! I don't know if I will ever understand why Heavenly Father has entrusted me with such a perfect, treasure. But I will ever be grateful for her influence in my life. How blessed I am, to have this sweet, little person, as a daily and personal reminder to do those things I should do, so that I can get to be in her presence and in my Savior's presence in the next life. I am very sure, that Ladybug will have one of the best seats in heaven someday...right up on the Savior's knee. So in our family, we feel like angels in training. And who better, to learn how to be an angel from, than an angel herself?! Happy 4th Birthday, Sweet Sugar! It is an honor to be your mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment