Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blankets, Baby Dolls and Blessings

Tonight as I was tucking in Luv Bug and Cuddle Bug (5 1/2 yr. old daughter and 4 yr. old son), we started talking about their adoptions. They both asked questions about their birth moms and we decided to get out some things from their adoption keepsake boxes and talk about them and look at pictures of their birth moms, for a little bit. They both wanted their adoption shadow boxes (filled with pictures and special things from their birth families) hung up on their wall, RIGHT NOW! I admit, that we should have had them displayed in their room, by now, since we moved in in April, but we hadn't gotten around to it yet. So Pete came in (a little reluctantly, since it was already 9 o' clock at night) and put them on their wall. He understood how important this was to them both. I could tell from our conversation, that Luv Bug is worried about her birth mom. She has been struggling with anxiety a lot lately, and actually ended up in tears tonight, because she is worried about her and where she is and how she is doing. It broke my heart. I know that she loves her Dad and I. I am not worried about that. But, it broke my heart that she is so anxious and wanting to see her birth mother and know that she is okay. (Luv Bug did not ever know her birth mother, and neither did Cuddle Bug for that matter, but I believe their hearts know.) :) So...we said a prayer. We asked Heavenly Father to send hugs and kisses to her birth family and to let them know that she loves them and thinks of them and to bless Luv Bug to feel okay about the situation. She told me that her "heart hurts for them that they are so far away", and she told me that she wants me to help her find them someday. I told her I'd be happy to help her find them when she is a bit older. That made her happy and seemed to calm her down. We talked about families and how Heavenly Father creates them and we talked about faith and trusting in Him to send blessings and answer to our prayers. She told me that she has faith in Heavenly Father and knows that He hears and answers her prayers. And I know, that's why I have a precious little girl and a sweet little boy, sleeping soundly in their beds right now. Because Heavenly Father heard her prayer and his prayer and my prayer and is personally watching over us. Cuddle Bug was delighted to get to sleep with a special blanket from his birth mom, for the first time tonight. I had saved it for him to have, when he was old enough to understand it's importance. Luv Bug is sleeping with her "Adoption Baby", Ariel, that Pete and I got her for her adoption! Thank heaven, for blankets, baby dolls and blessings from an all-knowing Heavenly Father!

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are so great Ranee. I love learning more about you and your family through them. What a special family you are.

    ReplyDelete