Monday, June 21, 2010

Praying for Spiritual Perspective!

We are enjoying our start to the Summer! We celebrated Snug-a-Bug's 7th birthday this week! We went swimming and had a great time! So far, the summer is going wonderfully! Our focus as a family this week, is to gain some spiritual perspective about the everyday things that we do and say! We are on a quest to get the spirit back into our home, as it's just been a little more chaotic than we like it to be, lately! So...tomorrow we are delving into some uplifting music while breakfast is prepared, some scripture stories while we fold laundry, and learning (and eventually memorizing) some good primary songs and/or hymns, to help us keep a spiritual perspective as we go through the everyday things that happen! The kids have all memorized a really cute song that names the Latter-Day Prophets, and I found an awesome book that tells about each prophet all the way up through President Hinckley! It has beautiful pictures and wonderful information! I am excited to share it with them tomorrow! The best part is, that I found this book at Desert Industries for $6.00! Go Me! :) My favorite hymns are Lead, Kindly Light and Come, Come Ye Saints and Because I Have Been Given Much! I am excited to teach these to the children as part of what's "mine" to share this week! I can't wait for them to learn and understand more about these sacred hymns and be able to choose their favorites someday! I am excited to see how these activities will uplift the atmosphere of our home! I have also been thinking about making "prayer rugs" for our bedsides, to remind us to say our prayers at night and in the morning! Night time prayers usually happen on a regular basis, but the morning prayers still need some reminding! I'll let ya' know what I come up with!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! You are always SO creative! I can't wait to hear more...

    BTW, great new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anaise~

    The book is called Prophets of the Latter Days by Richard Neitzel Holzapfel and William W. Slaughter. It is SO GOOD! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I just say that I think it is amazing that you can find it at Amazon? I've been searching Deseret Book and Seagull Book for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been AMAZED at what I can find at Amazon! And I always get a really great deal! Plus, if I am correct, they offer free shipping on orders of $25 or more. We like to use their "wish list" and "shopping cart" and we just wait til' we have enough books to order, where we can get the free shipping! It's pretty great!:)

    ReplyDelete