Sunday, June 6, 2010

Book Worm

I started reading The Work and The Glory two days ago. I haven't been able to put it down. This is my kinda' book! I'll be finished before bedtime tonight. We are missing #4 and #6 from our Work and Glory collection, so I guess I better be finding those two soon! I have a feeling that I am going to be getting through this series pretty quick. Truth be told, I can't believe I haven't read them til' now! I also recently found the last 2 volumes of The Children of the Promise series, and they happened to be hard-back, WITH the beautiful jackets nicely intact. I was SO excited to find them, and that they perfectly match the first three volumes which I already own. I still have Laddie and and Les Miserables going. (I have never been known to multi-task with the books I read, but it's fun). I caught a sneak peak of Oliver Twist about a week ago! It's definitely one that I can't wait to read, but that will be down the road sometime. We have been adding to our library so quickly, that I feel like a kid in a candy store...overwhelmed at all the wonderful possibilities! So we shall see what this summer's readings will bring for me! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. My kids have been LOVING Oliver Twist. I've been surprised how exited they are to read it everyday. We weren't able to make it through Laddie as a family, but it's been over a year, maybe they would like it better now. I loved Work and the Glory, but I haven't read them in like 10 years. Maybe I'll pick them up again soon!
    Thanks for sharing your excitement! It makes me want to go pick up a book right now! I better go get some work done first though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world do you have time to read???

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete