Thursday, May 27, 2010

Discouraged

I find that I am asking a lot of questions of myself, lately. I am discouraged by the realization that I can't do "it all". Thank heaven for my realization that it's okay to chart our own coarse for inspiring education and teaching self-government, in our family. Heaven knows that I am constantly trying to balance all of the special needs and medical challenges in our home, with inspiring meaningful work and play, while also seeking my own education and also using it as a means to inspire the education of my children. I am sure I am not the only mother who feels like I am constantly having to juggle and re-arrange priorities, but boy does it feel like I am walking this road alone. I pray for a day when I will feel like I finally have a good "system" that's working. Some days, I just clean up messes all day long. Any chance that I have, to sit down and read, is usually interrupted by some, more pressing need. I have been staying up late, to finish cleaning the kitchen or to make inspirational placemats, which are awesome, I might add, or doing some other important thing that needs doing. I am exhausted...constantly. There is always a list of things going through my mind, which need to be attended to. Sometimes I wish I could turn my brain off and take a break from it all. But alas, a mother's work is never done.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the invitation to "Be Still and Know"!! God is so faithful to care for our tender heart desires as His daughters!! Ranee, be encouraged to know that God delights in your commitment to care for your family with excellence. I'm also reminded of the story of Mary and Martha - Luke 10:38-42. There is certainly a time for "Martha action", however, not at the cost of a "Mary heart"!! Praying for Peace that surpasses understanding, renewed vitality to press forward, and wisdom and understanding to know just how to proceed!! You are SO blessed and SUCH a blessing - THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister!! I get so discouraged someties. I've been at this marraige and family thing for almost 9 years - you'd think I'd have it figured out by now. When you figure it all out let me know!

    ReplyDelete