Monday, March 15, 2010

DEAR

Today is a DEAR day for us! (Drop Everything and Read). We have been a little neglectful of our studies, lately, because there has been a lot of chaos going on with the move. (Yes, we are planning to move). We are trying to finish reading Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and continue on with the series! Snug-a-Bug and Luv Bug and I are absolutely LOVING it! G told me today, that he wants to learn how to read! I am excited, that he has reached this desire on his own! I actually ordered a copy of The Book of Mormon reader, yesterday! He has a new awareness, of rhyming and phonics and this is such a triumph for him, particularly because he has mild cerebral palsy and it is mostly apparent in his speech. He has really struggled to gain an awareness of speech and an understanding of words and sentence structure! We are very proud of him! Luv Bug wants to learn to read, as well, and I am pondering on how I might inspire both her and G, to have a desire to do the hard work necessary to learn to read! I am thinking of purchasing the book "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". Anyone have a review of this book? I'd love to hear more about it, before I purchase it! :D)

1 comment:

  1. I like 100 Lessons. My daughter doesn't like sitting very long so she hasn't done much out of it. If you would like to borrow it some time let me know. At least you could look through it and see if it will work for you?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete