Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You Not Them

Well, I don't now why it has been so hard for me to write about what I read, but I am finally on my way with my paper about the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. We will see how it turns out, but I think I am on to something! (I hope.) For me, it has been a struggle to find balance between the proper way to write a paper, while not allowing too many conveyor belt thoughts to kill the inspiration. It's hard to write a paper about a book when no one has given you an assignment, but what I am finding, is that it's also more fun and liberating to get to choose the direction to take your paper in. Hopefully in the end, it will be something that I can be proud of and learn from, and that others' can learn from too! I am determined to persist in my efforts to gain my own education, and be inspiring to my children. I want them to see my example, to see the hard work and dedication, and to see the reward in the end! I want them to feel about reading, the way I feel...to feel like your spirit is being nourished and fed, because you have found a great classic that has become your friend for a while. I want them to understand how wonderful it is, to be able to choose to study what is exciting to them, and then share that passion, through writing about it! I LOVE writing! I have written poetry for years (since I was 9) and would LOVE to be a published poet, someday! I want to learn more about various forms of poetry. I have written some stories about adoption and foster care. In high school,I tried to write a novel that didn't go anywhere, but hey...I tried! I have come to the determination that Leadership Education is not a destination, but a process that never ends! Education is infinite...whether for good or for bad, it has infinite meaning in our lives! Our families and our knowledge are the only things we can take with us, into eternity. So I am excited to study out of the best books, to learn about good things, to teach my children, and to add it all to the monument I am trying to build, to The Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You have such an eloquent way of expressing insightful thoughts Ranee, and I am glad that you are continuing to pursue your desire to write (for all of our sakes)!!

    ReplyDelete